Personal Decontamination Kits (PDKs)
The Personal Decontamination Kit (PDK), a ready-to-use, lightweight antimicrobial kit that allows first responders to self-decontaminate following exposure to potentially hazardous body fluids. The PDK includes DeconFx, non-toxic solution that destroys microbes within seconds. The kit also supplies gloves, towels and a biohazard bag to store contaminated material, for disposal.
- Decontaminate skin
- Easy to use, even in emergencies
- Non-toxic, GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe)
- Kills HIV, hepatitis and other viruses
- Kills bacteria and bacterial spores including Anthrax*
- Inactivates biological and some chemical toxins
The kit contains:
- 1 bottle of DeconFx, the non-toxic decontaminating solution that kills germs and spores and is safe for skin contact.
- 1 pair of non-latex disposable gloves
- 3 disposable towels
- 2 biohazard bag for disposal of used articles (double bagging)
*DeconFx kills B. subtilis spores, a surrogate target for B. anthracis (the cause of Anthrax)